Sunday, December 15, 2013

A time of stalemate, reflection, and look for inspiration

So times are evolving and always TIME is above everything, waits for none, just flows and ebbs away at its own ruthless pace. If you can dance to its rhythm u enjoy. It is like adapt tune. If you are out of sync then you are singled out and look odd.

I am just thinking....Probably I am not in tune. I still am caught in the past my body has grown but at mind I am still that guy playing cricket wielding the willow and putting revs on the ball...being the tendulkar and warne, no worries of the outside world and in my own world at Pelathope, Mylapore, Chennai.... Had a handful of friends both at school and home...life went on play,exams,coaching class....the rigmarole continued, then came college.....only setting changed....different set of friends but none of them as close as the ones at school, again exams, future dream of engineering career....Masters....some more valuable  friends...exams....operation German job ....dream came true...exams were replaced by project deadlines.....something changed....friends became one friend and that too a busy friend......one more thing changed...managed to pass exams and come out more than above average but sadly  FAILURE for first time maybe temporary, maybe hopefully a passing cloud.....but friends seemed to have moved on.....they have other gap fillers....i'm almost amazed at the same reply from everyone " Can you call me later"...Wow I am always in coincidence of calling people at wrong time or is it that famous saying that when you have FAILURES YOU FEEL ISOLATED. Everyone and everything seems going against you.

 More amazingly when some old friend gets on line its not like before...there are hardly any topics to speak...its always "AND SO WHAT IS NEW" and the same question reflects back at you and after sometime we realize ok there is not much to talk..... It really amazes me that we have all lost that innocence in us...our minded crowded wit lot of stuff......I think I have not grown to realize that I am a grown up....u need to be looking mature..talking responsible stuff,vbeing all serious....sounding interested in marriage.....My GOD, I am a misfit..... I still wanna go to pelathope and wield my willow.... run and stop the ball heroically diving.....have animated discussions on children stuff....... I am caught up in the past and that was why I was shocked when my parents asked me if I was willing to marry.


Anyway there is a saying in my mother tongue that a guy who dosen't know to dance blames the stage....so guess I am the problem....I haven't moved on a sculpted a life away from work...That is why failure at work has hit me hard....looking for a inspiration and when i went back in time i found the australian cricket captain STEVE ROGER WAUGH. After initially being dropped from the cricket team he came back changed his approach to short ball and if I come across the words 'TOUGHNESS", "MENTAL STRENGTH" I get the image of Steve......So what I should do in these holidays is use the time and look back at what I have done at work in 2 years

1. What was my task and what is expected of my engineering task
2. How can I make a project plan based on examples of projects I have worked so far
3. What are the possible hurdles that have caused me to fail and how can I chalk out a plan to overcome these hurdles
4. What is my plan to increase my technical know-how (stop wastage of time on internet)

Health issues / Personal discipline

1. How can I make my daily routine better and weekend routine better
2. Body exercise
3. Possible mental exercise (Meditation)

I need a plan (2014-2017) to massively overhaul and rise from this FAILURE

FIRST STEP IS BELIEVE THAT I CAN CHANGE...I have tried and not been able to bring about the change so its all about the will power . I will look and imagine Steve Waugh when I need mental strength

To start I have 21 days and I have to set a plan to get the change in motion.


No comments:

Post a Comment